....Look at glorious Georgetown Penang

Thursday, May 6, 2010

....and now for some real shooting.

As I blog about the happiness and joy of living in a heritage city, I can't help but laugh about the fights I get into -like kite-fighting, fish-fighting, tops-fighting, fighting for marbles, sibling-fights, real fights with "chums", ...and the shootings we do, -like shooting marbles, shooting tops, and shooting pigeons, crows and windows with our sling-shots.

Those were just but the tip of the ice-berg, more will be shared with you later, for the meantime I had been pondering about cameras.

Today, I have 2 "nobody-wants-it" half-a-century old cameras on display at home. It gets more and more sentimental and nostalgic with me and each day passes by.

...and if you have been wondering why I was away from my blog, it's because of my tinkering and study of a brand new EOS 550D dSLR for the past 3 days. And comparing the features and functions between the old and new, mankind has indeed vastly improved by leaps and bounds, I think beyond measure.

If anyone has been incarcerated for the past 30 years and released today, he wouldn't know how the ATM works, computers and hand-phones will be a complete mystery, the internet which we now take for granted will be his number one Wonder of the World. Everything will be so puzzling to him.

Everything today is so much different from those top-spinning, fish-fighting, kite-flying, marbles playing or sling-shooting days of the 50's, 60's, and 70's kids indulge in. But I can tell you that the good ol' days are still the good ol' days.

Older folks just need to learn new stuff, use it, or even make use of the technology readily available cheaply today like this bearded learned one....

It is indeed sorry for many older folks who shunned today's technical amenities and capabilities. Many still live in the past, ....like Popeye's mum? kekeke....
I just don't forget the past, I make full use of past experiences and move on.

It's so easy. See in 3 days, I can take marvellous manual shots, at least to me, ....and I'm fully satisfied and all worked up to go further.

....and here I am, a doting grand-pop showing and encouraging my grand-child to "quickly" get started with Facebook and Twitter.

Kinda ebullient you may say, but baby Scarlett seems to like the "mouse"....and that is a pretty good sign.

2 comments:

Adeline said...

scarlett is soo cute... =)

yeesang said...

All because of the camera-man, ahem..., but seriously, she's absolutely cute! She likes the mouse, very promising indeed.

Powered By Blogger