....Look at glorious Georgetown Penang

Saturday, April 17, 2010

....and where's Toh Aka Lane?

That's the former location of Lung Yen Association on the right, I stayed in the 6th house from the far end on the right, for 25 years.


Go to Yahoo! click on Images then search Toh Aka Lane Penang for more.




That's Toh Aka Lane at dusk.



...and I'll take a rest this weekend, perhaps walk down Toh Aka Lane for some fond memories, and some photos of places nearby where I flew kites.


....but don't go away, I shall return with more tales on the joy of living come Monday next! ...as promised, I've given a facelift to my blogs, check out previous ones. Tell me if you didn't laugh.


Have a good weekend :) ....and just a few words of caution and wisdom from my grandma for your thoughts,


"Dreaming about beans is bad, even though beans are good for you. But having too much beans will bring you bad dreams"


yo, interpret it this way............


"Dreaming about money i$ bad, even though money i$ good for you. But having too much money will bring you bad dream$"


or ......

"Dreaming about marriage bad, even though marriage is good for you. But having too many marriages will bring you bad dreams!"


or,


" Dreaming about kids is bad, even though kids are good for you. But having too many kids will bring you bad dreams!"


or,


"Dreaming about work is bad, even though work is good for you. But having too much work will not only bring you bad dreams. ....They'll kill ya! "


...and so on and so forth,


In plain simple Confucian philosophy, don't be greedy and that's it. Just bite what you can chew.


...........tata!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toh Aka Lane seems a place is very impressive to you even the 6th house ........for 25 yrs..

You will still want to walk down...and found some memories..cool....
but ...how is it ?? Rebecca tolds me it is an office already now..and will bring me around there if i come to penang next time..hahhaha

yeesang said...

That's my roots in M'sia.
I can't find my original roots in China, I only know it's in Fujian Province.
Toh Aka Lane is right at the heritage area, and it very sentimental to me, although it is only well-known for iron-mongery - an enclave where tin-smiths work.
"Phak Thi Kay" and adjoining "Kampung Laai", that's Toh Aka Lane.

Powered By Blogger